Enhancing security for Sleepme’s IoT platform with Defiance Digital
Lacework and Defiance Digital have helped us instill trust in our customers, and ensure that we’re doing everything we can to keep their data and smart devices as secure as possible.
Sleepme is a sleep coaching site and the parent company of the revolutionary sleep science brand Chilisleep®, known for its award-winning sleep solutions including ChiliPAD™ and OOLER® products. The company began with the core mission of thermal regulation for mattresses, with internet of things (IoT)-connected products that allow users to improve sleep quality by setting schedules and adjusting temperatures throughout the night. Now, they’re expanding into the realm of holistic sleep improvement. Upcoming offerings include sleep coaching, supplements, and a best-in-class sleep tracking device.
- Bolster security practice for lean team without in-house DevOps engineers
- Solve visibility challenges to protect customer data in IoT platform
- Develop compliance plan to meet future business needs
- Connected with Defiance Digital, who brought in Lacework to fill security gaps
- Used newfound visibility to solve logging issues, lowering bill by 20-25%
- Simplified compliance process by consolidating numerous tools into a single platform
- Enabled small security team to easily monitor environment and follow up on critical alerts
- Increased visibility for IoT application stack with cross-organizational product development
- Prepared for SOC 2 compliance by harnessing modern tools through Lacework and Defiance Digital